Thursday, August 21, 2008

20.08.2008

Finally the day to Korea has arrived! Was checking in on Wed when i saw a lot of familiar faces.. haha.. i'm so sorry that i didn't take any photos with all those who sent me off.. i didn't even take to take a photo with my parents..

But really a big thank you for sending me off the plane! Thanks papa, mama, Esther, Eunice, Joshua, Wen Wei, Francis, Su Ting, Ah Teck Uncle, Huifen, Huiping, Krystin, Moses, Tracey, Joseph Shan, Si Qi, Yuan Chun, Jia En and bf!! Thanks so much for willing to come down and spend the time accompanying me... when i was on the plane, i felt so touch and lost for words, yet very frightened cos i don't know what to expect in Korea.. Thanks Yun guang, Yue Feng, Wei Bin, Zhi Hui for your well-wishes too!!

These are some of the photos i took!

Karen and Huilin

June and Li ShiLi Shi and me!The front view directly in front of meThis is our first dinner on the plane! I chose chicken noodle over beef rice.. behold.. the chicken noodle is marvellous.. but after a while, when i tried to swipe off the debris noodle from my lap, it hardens.. omg.. am i taking too much msg or what.. or is the noodle "unhealthy"?? Finally reached Bangkok for transit. Hey.. in case all of you don't know, the Bangkok airport is very beautiful now.. the renovation is definitely very successful and all the shops seems appealing!!! Very very beautiful facade..

In fact, we thought we cannot take any photos in the transit area, but we manage to chance upon this statues and saw people clicking their camara away.. so we join them! This are the 4 musketeers!! ( smiling ever to happily )
oh ya.. when we transit at Bangkok, we manage to find our fellow SBS friends!! And we took a photo together before they left for Seoul while we left for Busan~While waiting for the flight to Busan, we manage to capture a few more shots! Another shot at the girls~
At this time, it was like 12am++ and all of us are very very thirsty and tired.. Don't know why planes don't allow us to bring water in.. haha.. and then Huilin wanna act sleeping:At the plane itself to Busan, tried to take a back shot at what Huilin and Karen is doing.. Li Shi and me!
Taking a shot outside the plane..
Our tickets to Busan!!
Looking outside the plane just minutes before landing.. very beautiful.. sort of like sunrise kinda picture taken on the plane.. *NICE!*

Haha.. at the second flight to Busan, this is what we had for Breakfast! Not bad.. just that the egg is a little too cheezey... :)Oh ya! Ms Jane fetched me personally from the airport. I find her beautiful! This is a picture of her, though it does not do justice to what her actual appearance is like:When we first met, she was like telling me: " Let's cross the road, look at the green light? You know green light then can go right? "
Then i asked her: " what if i cross at red light? "
Then she replied: " no no no.. then your life will be in great danger.. " -_________- "

haha.. funny.. then we boarded the taxi. She told me those black colour taxi are very expensive. And when i'm in the taxi, i cannot believe the taxi driver actually drove at 120km/h in a rather busy road. Within 15 minutes, i'm in Dong-A University already. I finally understand why we need to take a taxi.. cos it's higher than Bukit Timah Hill.. seriously.. the taxi is just going uphill for at least 5 minutes.. and there is one slope that is around 45 degree incline slope.. *GLUP*
And when i check in, they say the canteen will undergo renovation. So i have to go elsewhere to buy my food.. oh ya.. the first thing they offer me is this "mud like substances"... And Ms Jane drank it as if its plain water! OMG..Well.. initially i don't dare to drink it.. but i'm 'forced to drink down everything!!! A little too sweet.. :P
After which i check in my room.. Peeking into my room:The toiletsThe study tableLooking immediately outside my room Not a bad view.. in fact there are nicer view! Just that things are rushing and i have no time to take pictures.. there are lots of beautiful mountains in busan!

After settling myself, i tried to open up all the nice gifts my friends has prepared for me!
Thanks Krystin and Moses for the nice name tag and highlighter tape!! Actually u all don't have to buy anything for me cos i'm only going for 4 months.. but really appreciate it..
Thanks huifen for your card.. u never fail to encourage people.. :)
Oh ya! Thanks Huiping for your lovely box of cookie!!! I've tried it.. a little soft by the time i got to South Korea, but it is really tasty!!! I love it!! See the picture already salivate.. :P
Thanks Mui Teck Pastor for the chocolate.. i'll eat it for sure! It's nice to have chocolate around this cold country.. especially in the night..
And this gift is given to me by Jo!
Haha.. this is what Eunice and Francis gave me! I thought it's face mask because they put it in a "Body Shop" plastic bag..

And when i opened it, this is what i found out! Thanks for the effort.. :) it's a little surprising.. Games + keychains!
A closer look at the cross..And this is the cover of the cute baby postcard.. haha..Thanks Joshua for the book! haha.. sorry for the mistake made.. :P
Thanks Krystin for the drawing u drew for me!
Last but not the least, this is given to me by my lovely and cute sister Esther.. thanks!! haha... u're not forgotten!!Yup! And this is the temporary pass given to me to access the gate of my domitory.. :) The actual one will be given to me on the 1st of Sep! Nice colour.. These are the Singapore brochures i bought for Ms Jane, including the package from IRO in NTU!

Next, lots of different people ( all of them are friends of Ms Jane ) bought me around and i have no time to even eat lunch. Finally manage to find one canteen and bought this:
Oh man.. it's not so easy to buy food here.. have to buy what coupon first before you can exchange for the food itself!!! So troublesome!
Oh ya.. next i made 2 friends.. one of them is a very very helpful korean name Han Yong.. the other is a Bandgaladash called Sijah.. First we tried to help Sijah to look for laptop before going to E-mart to buy some necessary stuff such as toilet paper etc.Went in and found no one! Han Yong said it's weekend, so there are very little people..There is one lady that offer us this drink! Green tea actually, but it taste like the "mud" i mentioned earlier.. haha...Then i manage to bought my necessities! Sugar, grapes, washing powders, toilet paper and chocolate pie.. guess why are we carrying this stuff??Plastic bags need money.. and korean have free boxes and free flow of tapes for you to create a box and put the things u buy to carry home. And Han Yong is so smart to create a "handle" using tapes!! This is the bus stop the emart is located:Sijah is so cute.. he bought this "ice-cream" and gave to each of us, thinking it is nice, and in the end when he opened it, it's just a mash of ICE and red bean.. plus a few sweet starchy stuff.. that's all.. haha... and we roared.. :PSorry for the blur picture because the waiter don't really know my camara.. haha.. but it's me, Han Yong and Sijah! This is when we are having our dinner!The appitizers.. Lemonade and tomato mixed cabbage-like stuff.. eh..This is the main course! Very very spicy sweet chicken + corn!!
Hmm... this dinner cost me $5000 won ( S$6.78 ) ! So expensive.. haha.. anyway the night is really cold and i kinda miss my family and my loved ones... after recee the subway, i headed back and rest.. haiz.. a busy day filled with a little loneliess.. haha.. hope tomorrow will feel better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Click for Busan, South Korea Forecast Locations of visitors to this page free counter
Number of Visitors